>> EDITION CLOSED <<
Celebrated by millions of fans around the world, the titular ship of Joss Whedon's visionary movie masterpiece, Serenity, has existed in all its glory in digital form only – until now.
More than three years in the making, Serenity – The Big Damn Replica, has been painstakingly crafted to be absolutely screen-accurate in every aspect. Unlike most ships from science fiction, Serenity was designed from the ground up to be as realistic as possible, from her floor plan to her construction, using real-world components and manufacturing processes. As one of her creators observed, the idea was to make Serenity so real, fans could see themselves walking her decks. With such a sense of place and familiarity, viewers would never feel lost in this Firefly-class transport.
When it came time to develop this replica, we could do no less. Every bolt, every seam and every asymmetrical plate has been recreated with exacting attention to detail in this first and only screen-accurate replica of Serenity. Years of intense effort have gone into all aspects of this model, from the model sculpture built from the movie special-effects master files to the paint job created to match not just the colors of the ship, but the materials as well.
|Serenity – The Big Damn Replica is a professionally crafted filming miniature made in the U.S.A. by Hollywood special effects model makers. Each ship takes more than 46 hours to make, includes hundreds of parts, dozens of lights and and multiple coats of paint.|
This is how models are built so they can fool the eye on the big screen. And you can own Serenity for a fraction of what a movie production company would typically pay for a film-quality miniature of this caliber.
Some of the features of Serenity – The Big Damn Replica:
As with all QMx Artisan replicas, Serenity – The Big Damn Replica is made to order in the U.S. Not only does this allow us to offer you a replica of great intricacy and beauty, it also allows you to make your Serenity uniquely your own.
- One big boat. Our Serenity measures 19"x12"x7", or 1:180 scale. (display stand adds 4.5")
- Incredible complexity.The kit used to build Serenity consists of more than 250 parts, including resin, brass, aluminum and laser-cut acrylic. Many of the parts are custom-cut by hand, just for your replica.
- Film-quality build. Some 30 different colors, including flat and metallic paint, are used in the ship's multilayer paint job.
- Spitting image.Weathering, wear and other painting effects are used to exactly mirror the movie version of ship.
- Superior components. Surfaces are crafted to simulate real-world materials – metal, ceramic, even the mirrored surfaces of the solar panels.
- No decals. All graphics on Serenity are painted on by hand, even Serenity's logo.
- SFX Edition. Serenity – The Big Damn Replica incorporates some 32 lighting effects, including static, flashing, strobe and chase lights.
- Signature Edition. Nathan Fillion, Captain Mal himself, will be signing the builder's plaque that comes with each Big Damn Replica.
- Wireless remote. The SFX Edition replica includes a wireless remote control to operate lights with a special button for activating "hard burn.” Lighting system automatically shuts down after 15 minutes to help protect the both the lights and model.
- Cool display. Serenity’s display base/diorama looks like a landing pad straight out of The Verse. It comes with an acrylic cradle that shows Serenity in flight. Standard configuration features Inara's shuttle taking off while the other shuttle is docked in its bay. (If you prefer a different configuration, please make note of it in the "Special Requests" field above*).
- Big Damn Heroes. Crew members can be seen on the bridge.
- Pro Prop Crate. Each Serenity is shipped in custom-cut foam and stored in a hand-built wooden apple crate, just like what the pros use to safeguard their props.
- Jason Palmer Exclusive Art Print. Jason Palmer, one of the premier portrait artists working in entertainment today, was so taken with our girl that he's creating an special art print of Serenity only available with the Big Damn Replica.
Customers purchasing Serenity – The Big Damn Replica are eligible for all the benefits of QMx Concierge Service, including a personal concierge to help with your order and any customization requests.
Options available for customization* include:
you want to request any of the customization options above – or if you
have special request – please make note of it in the "Comments" field on
the third page that appears when you check out. A concierge will
contact you to discuss your ideas and see what's possible.
- Engines pose (Crazy Ivan, anyone?)
- Shuttles in-flight or docked.
- Reactor shutters open or closed.
- Other special requests
Although every Artisan replica we make is, in a real sense, an edition of one, we understand having an edition number is very important to collectors. That's why we've set the edition size for Serenity – The Big Damn Replica at just 1,000 ships total.
*All changes to the standard configuration will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BUILD-TO-ORDER|
|Depending on the current backlog in build orders, customers can expect orders to take up to 90 days to be fulfilled once their build begins. The speed with which your build will start will depend on the number of customers ahead of you in the build queue.|
When you purchase an item as a preorder, funds are collected immediately and placed into escrow until your replica is ready to ship. You will be notified when the creation of your replica is about to begin, and you are entitled to a full refund up until that point, if you decide to cancel your order. If you change your mind about your Serenity replica before we start construction on it, please let us know, and we will make your replica available to another customer and refund your money.
Edition numbers will be issued based on when orders are placed.
ALL ARTISAN REPLICA ORDERS MUST SHIP VIA FEDEX EXPRESS SERVICES ONLY. If you choose any FedEx Ground service (Ground or SmartPost), we will contact you to collect additional funds to accommodate an appropriate shipping method.
All orders include mandatory insurance already factored into the shipping charge. QMx is not responsible for any tariffs or import fees levied on international shipments. We highly recommend our international customers factor in any local customs fees that might be applied at the product's destination.
A restocking fee of 20 percent may be deducted from the refund of a QMx Artisan product that is returned and has not incurred material damage and is not missing components included in the original shipment. Note that shipping costs may not be refunded.
For a product that has been damaged after delivery, you may be charged an additional restocking fee of either 25 percent or 50 percent of the original purchase price based on the severity of the damage.